Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Educational Philosophy

Educational philosophies are a major part of education and being able to see where you stand there is an important piece of being a teacher as well. I took this assessment and used this scoring sheet to assess myself in this area. I found, personally, that I scored the highest in Progressivism, reconstructionism and humanism. I think it's important for teachers to see where they stand on these different levels of philosophy and it says a lot about how they teach and what they believe. However, the accuracy of this kind of assessment may not be completely correct, but it's good for a ballpark estimate. I however did think mine fit somewhat.

When it comes to my specific teaching philosophies, I believe I would teach using a variety of different ones, as opposed to one single belief of education. I'd like to incorporate different ways of teaching and my expectations for students would be based on a variety of factors.


No comments:

Post a Comment