Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Place Based Education/Environmental Education

This week we started talking about environmental education, which is a personal favorite of mine. I love the environment and helping keep it clean and well, and so I really love the idea behind incorporating that into education. I wanted to know just how much was out there that could help kids get involved.

The first thing I did was find a website about environmental education generally. This site is dedicated to this kind of education, and includes a lot of information. There are different programs, and conferences that are all surrounding this type of education. I thought it was a great resource.

I also looked at my own pin, as well as other students, and saw a lot of great ways to use the environment in the classroom. My own pin, which was a list of sites and books about it to help kids get into the idea, really included a lot of great stuff as well. It was This site that I used for my pin. And when you scroll down, the bottom has a variety of sites to use. My personal favorite was www.naturerocks.org, which has a bunch of fun outdoor activities for kids and families. I thought this was the best find about how kids can get involved, because it says that sometimes just simply connecting with nature is something that really gets your kids into knowing how important and wonderful the environment and nature is!




No comments:

Post a Comment