Thursday, September 11, 2014

Intro to me!

Hello!

My name is Haley Nett, and I am a junior Psychology student at Salem State. Ever since I can remember I've known two things for sure: I am fascinated by abnormal behavior (mental disorders, etc) and I absolutely love children. Although it took me a while to decide exactly what I wanted to do, I've come to a vague conclusion that I want to use my interest in abnormal psychology in order to help and work with children of all ages. I think taking education classes as electives will help me to learn how to work with kids, as well as give me more of an insight on education in general. 

Here's a picture of me and my best friends. Not anything to do with education as I haven't had any experience yet, but anyway:

https://www.teach.org/why-teach

Here's a website I found about why people teach. On the homepage, it includes videos from various teachers explaining why they teach and what they have gained from it. There's also a tab titled "Become a teacher" with information and assistance on how you can start your career in teaching. It seems like a very good resource to use for those who are very interested in becoming a teacher and are interested in what fellow teachers have to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment